DL-Panthenol 50% is a great humectants,it’s a colorless to pale yellow viscous liquid,soluble in water,alcohol,propylene glycol.DL-Panthenol is also known as Provitamin B5,which plays a key role in the human intermediary metabolism.Deficiency of Vitamin B5 can result in many dermatological disorders.DL-Panthenol is applied in almost all types of cosmetic preparations.DL-Panthenol cares hair,skin and nails.In skin,DL-Panthenol is a deep penetrative humectants.DL-Panthenol can stimulate the growth of epithelium and has an antiphlogistic effect to promote wound healing.In hair,DL-Panthenol can keep moisture longly and prevents hair damage.DL-Panthenol can also thicken hair and improve luster and sheen.In nail care,DL-Panthenol can improve hydration and impart flexibility.It’s often used in the best skin and hair care products,it is added in many conditioners,creams,and lotions.It can be used to treat inflammation in the skin,reduce redness and add moisturizing properties to creams,lotions,hair and skin care products.
Key Technical Parameters:
|Appearance||Colorless to pale yellow viscous liquid|
|Assay||Not less than 50%|
|Pantolactone||Not more than 1.0%|
|Aminopropanol||Not more than 0.1%|
|Heavy Metals||Not more than 10ppm|
DL-Panthenol is water soluble and particularly useful in hair care formulations, but can be used for skin and nail care as well. This vitamin is often referred to as Pro-Vitamin B5. It will impart long lasting moisturization and is said to increase the strength of the hair shaft, whilst maintaining its natural smoothness and shine; some studies report that panthenol will prevent hair damage caused by overheating or overdrying the hair and scalp. It conditions hair without build-up and reduces damage from split ends. Panthenol deeply hydrates the skin, helping to prevent the skin’s moisture loss whilst improving skin’s elasticity and softness, which helps to slow down and reduce the signs of aging. As well as this, it helps to firm and tone the skin through the production of acetylcholine. Often added at the water phase of a cosmetic formulation,acts as Humectant,Emollient,Moisturizer and Thickener.
Benefits of Panthenol
1. Repairs and strengthens damaged hair, thickens hair, reduces split ends and increases the tensile strength of the hair
2. Stimulates wound healing. Synergy with zinc oxide is claimed.
3. Enhances skin barrier repair and reduces inflammation after sodium lauryl sulphate-induced irritation.
4. Anti-inflammatory activity. Can increase sun-protection factor (SPF).
5. Panthenol stimulates the proliferation of dermal fibroblasts and can accelerate cell turnover.
6. Has anti-aging benefits. Synergism with niacinamide (Vitamin B-3) is claimed.
7. It’s a penetrating moisturizer. Can penetrate and hydrate nails and hair.
8. Protects lips against solar-induced herpes.