Glutathione (GSH), also named Reduced Glutathione, is a tripeptide composed of glutamate, cysteine, and glycine. It can be found in almost every cell of human body. Nowadays, the industrial production of Glutathione is mainly obtained by enzymatic synthesis. In the method, Glutathione has a high purity and good water-solubility. As an active tripeptide with important physiological functions, Glutathione is the most important non-protein sulfhydryl compound in organisms. It has biological activities such as detoxification, anti-oxidation, free radical scavenging, skin-whitening and spot-fading. Therefore, it is widely used in cosmetics, medicine, health care products and other industries. It can be soluble in water greatly and easy to be added into all kinds of skin-whitening cosmetics.
Key Technical Parameters:
|Appearance||Crystalline white powder|
|Identification IR||Similar with the reference spectrum|
|Optical Rotation||-15.5º ~ -17.5º|
|Clearity and color of solution||Clear and colourless|
|Total heavy Metals||≤10.0ppm|
|Residue on ignition||≤0.1%|
|Loss on drying||≤0.5%|
1.Beauty and personal care:
Glutathione can eliminate wrinkles, increase skin elasticity, shrink pores, reduce pigment, the body has an excellent whitening effect.
2. Food & Beverage:
1) Added to the surface products, can play a role in the reduction. Not only to make bread to reduce the time to the original one-half or one-third of a substantial improvement in working conditions, and play a strengthening role in food nutrition and other functions.
2) Added to the yogurt and infant food, the equivalent of vitamin C, can play a role in stabilizing agent.
3) Mix it into the fish cake, can prevent the color deepens.
4) Added to meat and cheese and other foods, with enhanced flavor effect.
3. Health medicine:
1) Radiation sickness and radiation safety: radiation, radioactive substances or anticancer drugs caused by leukopenia and other symptoms can play a protective effect.
2) To protect the liver, detoxification, hormone inactivation, promote bile acid metabolism, help absorb fat-soluble vitamins in the digestive tract.
3) Anti-allergy, or systemic or local patients with hypoxemia caused by inflammation, can reduce cell damage and promote repair.
4) To improve certain diseases and symptoms as a secondary drug process. Such as: hepatitis, hemolytic disease, keratitis, cataracts and retinal diseases, such as eye diseases, improve vision.
5) Easy to accelerate acid metabolism, excretion of free radicals, play skin care, anti-aging effect.
Benefits in Cosmetics:
1.Whiten skin and remove freckle
Glutathione can chelate internal and external toxins such as heavy metals. It can prevent skin pigmentation. Also it can inhibit the formation of new melanin and reduce its oxidation. Glutathione alleviates skin problems such as chloasma. It has a great function of lightening skin and removing freckles. Meanwhile, Glutathione is small molecular peptide. So it can easily penetrate cell membrane and be absorbed by the skin, when applied externally. It is an effective cosmetic ingredient for whitening skin
Glutathione’s structure contains a lively thiol group-SH. So it is easily oxidized and dehydrogenated. The free radicals can be reduced directly into acidic substances by combining the thiol group with free radicals in the body. Thereby it accelerates the elimination of the free radicals; and fight against free radical damage to the skin. At the same time, Glutathione is a kind of radiation protective agent. It can enable radiation to produce highly active free radicals in living organisms through direct and indirect action. And then Glutathione can clear away these free radicals to achieve its anti-oxidant effect.
Glutathione can isolate the damage of PM2.5 to the skin, when acting on the skin surface.