Alpha-Arbutin (4- Hydroxyphenyl-±-D-glucopyranoside) is a pure, water soluble, biosynthetic active ingredient. Alpha-Arbutin blocks epidermal melanin synthesis by inhibiting enzymatic oxidation of Tyrosine and Dopa. Arbutin appears to have fewer side effects than hydroquinone at similar concentrations – presumably due to the more gradual release. It is the more effective, faster and safer approach to promoting skin-brightening and an even skin tone on all skin types. Alpha-Arbutin also minimizes liver spots and meets all the requirements of a modern skin-brightening and skin depigmentation product.
Alpha Arbutin exhibits impressive tyrosinase inhibition and is nine times more effective than Beta-Arbutin. Very low IC50 values indicates the power of Alpha-Arbutin. The outstanding efficacy of Alphar-Arbutin is due to its perfect affinity to the active site of tyrosinase.
Alpha-Arbutin is water soluble and easily incorporated into the water phase of cosmetic formulations. It is stable againsthydrolysis as tested in the pH range from 3.5 – 6.6. Suggested concentration: 0.2% when formulated with an exfoliant or penetration enhancer, otherwise up to 2%.
Key Technical Parameters:
|Appearance||White Crystalline Powder|
|Clarity of Water Solution||Transparency,colorless,none suspended matters|
|pH Value(1% in water)||5.0~7.0|
|Specific Optical Rotation||【ɑ】D20=+176~184°|
|Heavy Metals||10ppm max.|
|Loss on Drying||0.5% max.|
|Residue Ignition||0.5% max.|
|Pathogen||Bacteria:100cfg/g max.Fungus:100 cfu/g max.|
- INCI name (active): Alpha-Arbutin
- Scientifically proven effects at low concentrations
- More effective at 1.0% than Beta-Arbutin in vivo
- Nine times more effective than Beta-Arbutin in vitro
- Outstanding tyrosinase inhibition activity in vitro
- Highly pure biosynthetic active ingredient
- High performing enzyme related biotechnology
- Does not contain intentionally added substances regulated/listed as preservative
- Halal compliant (porcine and alcohol free, not certified)
- Ensures an even skin tone after only one month
- Reduces the degree of skin tanning after UV exposure
- Helps to minimize the appearance of liver spots